ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Nov
27
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

Iranian Community of the Northeast (ICON)


Meeting Notes

11/27/2018 - via Google Hangout


Participants: Pooya Ghorbani, Shayda Hemmati, Hadieh Afshani,  Sadra Shahab, Mohammad Golabi, Kazem Ghouchani


A. FOLLOW UPS - from the previous meeting:

  1. Mission statement progress was reported by Sadra -  Kazem should start the Presentation for the event by the end of this week. Sadra to Follow up with Mahsa and Hengameh for the reach out and next steps.

  2. The essential change needed to be done about the website was reported by Mohammad - Mohammad , Kazem, Shirin, and Afsaneh to kick off the project to redesign the website and make it more user friendly.


  3. The financial reports updates for each project has been partly reported to Hadieh and Pedram. Pedram had few questions, Pooya will follow up with him.


B. DECISION ITEMS

  1. Pooya proposed for ICON’s bi-weekly meetings to be restructured as once-a-month and flexible. This means towards the end of each month, we will vote on a date, time, and location that work for a sizable majority. Argument is to maximize participation and avoid routine but less-productive meetings. Volunteers under each project work group can meet based on their project needs.


  1. Among attendees, Mohammad, Kazem, Sadra, and Pooya voted yes to the proposal. Hadieh voted blank. Shayda voted yes with the condition that the meeting are held once a month at the minimum.


  1. Since the meeting attendees did not represent the larger group of volunteers that have consistently attended the bi-weekly meetings and those who were actively involved with ICON, we agreed to share a poling platform with others so everyone gets a chance to vote on proposal mentioned in B.1. Shayda will create and share the poll.


View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Nov
13
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

Iranian Community of the Northeast (ICON)


Meeting Notes

11/13/2018


Participants: Pooya Ghorbani, Hengameh Fallah, Sadra Shahab, Mohammad Golabi, Shayda Hemmati (on the Phone)


FOLLOW UPS - from the previous meeting:

  • Mission statement progress was reported by Sadra - discussed about the meeting he had with the mission statement event group and the tasks. There is a two-week deadline for the tasks and the results will be reported in the next meeting.


  • The essential changes needed to be done about the website was reported by Mohammad - Mohammad introduced and talked about the structure of the website/app he has worked on. Hengameh and Pooya are responsible for introducing Shirin Semsarzadeh, Afsaneh and Yasi to Mohammad to help him. The updates will be reported in the next meeting.

  • Who can post events on the website? What kind of events?...(we will talk about this after we have enough progress in the website)


  • Hiking Community - Volunteer: Shayda - Shayda is going to share the draft of discussion for the hiking group by 11/14/2018.


  • The financial reports updates for each project - Hadieh and Pedram were absent - postponed to the next meeting.


  • To write a short guidelines for two different project types: project manager-based and collective project managing: Sadra Shahab, Shervin Abachi - To be discussed in the next meeting in two weeks. Shervin was absent. postponed to the next meeting.


NEW FOLLOW UPS:

  • Pooya and Sadra suggested to change bi-weekly meetings to at least once a month meetings with creating doodles. Sadra proposed the place should rotate.


  • If we’re going to keep the bi-weekly meetings, Is there a possibility that a bi-weekly meeting can get canceled? If yes, who can decide it?


  • Hengameh suggested talking in general about how volunteers in a volunteer-based community/organization  can communicate in the meetings or through emails with each other without getting upset or misunderstanding. (Didn’t have time for this)


View Event →
Copy of ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Oct
30
7:00 PM19:00

Copy of ICON Bi-weekly meetings

Iranian Community of the Northeast (ICON)


Meeting Notes

10/30/2018


Participants: Pooya Ghorbani, Shervin Abachi ,Hengameh Fallah, Sadra Shahab, Shayda Hemmati, Setareh Shohadaei (on the Phone)


FOLLOW UPS - from the previous meeting:

  • Mission statement progress was reported by Sadra - discussed lack of activity by the volunteers involved in the project - postponed to the next meeting Sadra is going to email and follow up with the volunteers

  • The essential change needed to be done about the website was not reported by Mohammad - Mohammad was absent - postponed to the next meeting


  • The financial reports updates for each project has been partly reported to Hadieh and will be transferred to Pedram to follow up - Hadieh and Pedram were absent - postponed to the next meeting


FOLLOW UPS - new

  • To write a short guidelines for two different project types: project manager-based and collective project managing: Sadra Shahab, Shervin Abachi - To be discussed in the next meeting in two weeks. Shervin will start a word document and will share with Sadra

  • Hiking Community - Volunteer: Shayda - Shayda is going to work on a draft of discussion for the hiking group - To be discussed in the next meeting in two weeks

  • Setareh’s activity to reach out the Iranian Community about the importance of voting - Setareh is going to prepare a draft and share it by Friday, Nov 2nd. - time-sensitive.


OTHER DISCUSSIONS:

  • Is there a possibility that a bi-weekly meeting can get canceled? If yes, who can decide it? (No conclusion yet)

  • Why volunteers don’t get engaged in their tasks? (In this case: mission statement project) Suggested solutions:

Shervin- To write a short guide about the volunteer-based projects.

Hengameh- To work on organizing the mission statement event through a meeting.

Pooya- Hengameh can send a follow-up email to the mission-statement group.

  • Hengameh suggested talking about how volunteers can communicate with each other without getting upset or misunderstanding. (Didn’t have time for this) very important, let's follow up in the next meeting


View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Oct
16
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

ICON Volunteers get together every other week to discuss the current and upcoming projects. If you are registered as a volunteer please drop us a line at iconact.info@gmail.com and we will send you the location and details of the meeting, We are looking forward to seeing you there. 

 

Bests,

Iranian Community of the North East

View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Oct
2
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

Meeting Notes

10/2/2018


Participants: Pooya Ghorbani, Shervin Abachi Nejadasl , Azin Mohajerin, Hadieh Afshani, Hengameh Fallah


FOLLOW UPS:

  • Mission statement report- To be reported (about the progress) by Sadra in the next meeting.


WILL DO/ CONFIRMED DECISIONS:

  • Azin is going to translate all the past meeting notes to Farsi to be presented on the website. The first 4 notes will be send to her by Pooya and will be ready in two weeks.

  • Hadieh will send email to Pooya to get the names of the people and the projects ICON have done so far to follow up on the all the expense reports.

  • Azin will have a proposal in relation with getting connected with Codepink organization and she will present it properly in two weeks.

  • Hadieh will present a proposal to have a guest speaker (Ebrahim Soltani) to talk about a social/cultural topic in next meeting.

  • To have a page on the website with all the financial reports of every event ICON had been working on. Pooya will follow up on this.



SUGGESTIONS:

  • It was agreed that the facilitator/notetaker should send meeting notes to those who attend each meeting within 48 hours. Attendees have 48 hours to comment and approve the notes before they’re published on the website.

  • We discussed a lot that how the website needs to get fixed/improved (have an embedded google calendar with all the events for the members and nonmembers to check, etc).

  • Discussion about how to develop a more productive culture of giving and receiving feedbacks after or during running a project in a voluntary based organization like ours?

  • To have a whole session only focused on improving the website to serve the expectations more! Perhaps with Mohamad leadership and help of Payam Esfandyari? We did not decide when though?

  • Spending at least a small portion of each meeting on getting reports and hearing about the ongoing projects to make all the members more enthusiastic about what’s happening and more connected

  • We should make a proper email list and develop it in different events (the people who like to get informed and stay updated about ICON events and projects can leave us their emails to stay tuned)

  • Whether or not we need to make the boundaries of ICON more clear for the newcomers and the people who want to know what we do and what we do not do?


ONGOING PROJECTS REPORT:

View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Sep
18
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

  • 10004 Broadway New York, NY, 10004 United States (map)
  • Google Calendar ICS

Iranian Community of the Northeast, ICON

Meeting Notes

 

Date:        Sep 18, 2018

Location:    26 Broadway

Attendees:    Shayda, Sadra, Hadieh, Shervin, Mohammad, Pooya

 


Discussions

  1. Mohammad’s proposed structure for bi-weekly meetings

  2. Distribution of task items from last meeting among volunteers (below)


Tasks & Decisions

  1. Revising the meeting structure and announcing it to the group

    Volunteer:    Mohammad


  1. Sorting out the administrative workload (including website postings, document compilation, etc.) and looking for volunteers to take up tasks

    Volunteers:    Mohammad, Farideh, Shayda, Kazem


  1. Devising a record-keeping system that’s directly connected to the website (e.g. sharing meeting notes) rather than via email

Volunteer:    Kazem


  1. Rewriting the following items for group review:

  • mission statement


  • guidelines for how to propose a project

  • about us (FAQ?)

    Volunteers:    Pooya, Sadra, Shervin, Hadieh, Setareh


  1. Devising ICON’s social media strategy and re-activating existing handles

Volunteers:Maryam

View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Sep
5
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

ICON Volunteers get together every other week to discuss the current and upcoming projects. If you are registered as a volunteer please drop us a line at iconact.info@gmail.com and we will send you the location and details of the meeting, We are looking forward to seeing you there. 

 

Bests,

Iranian Community of the North East

View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Aug
22
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

ICON Volunteers get together every other week to discuss the current and upcoming projects. If you are registered as a volunteer please drop us a line at iconact.info@gmail.com and we will send you the location and details of the meeting, We are looking forward to seeing you there. 

 

Bests,

Iranian Community of the North East

View Event →
ICON Bi-weekly meetings
Aug
8
7:00 PM19:00

ICON Bi-weekly meetings

ICON Volunteers get together every other week to discuss the current and upcoming projects. If you are registered as a volunteer please drop us a line at iconact.info@gmail.com and we will send you the location and details of the meeting, We are looking forward to seeing you there. 

 

Bests,

Iranian Community of the North East

View Event →